Thanksgiving is just around the corner and if you haven’t decided how to prepare your turkey yet, here’s a great recipe to follow—the Deep Fried Turkey!
- 1 (10-pound) turkey
- 2 tablespoons House seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dry rub
- 3 to 5 gallons peanut oil
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Wash bird inside and out, and allow to drain. Rub turkey all over with House Seasoning. Coat turkey with dry rub. Allow the bird to sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Heat peanut oil in a turkey fryer or a very, very large stockpot to 350 degrees F. Lower turkey into hot oil, very carefully, making sure it is fully submerged. Fry turkey for 3 minutes per pound plus 5 minutes per bird. Remove turkey from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with favorite Thanksgiving sides and salads.
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
To measure the amount of oil needed to fry the turkey, place turkey in fryer, add water to top of turkey, remove the turkey and the water line will indicate how much oil will be needed to fry your turkey. Having too much oil can cause a fire. The pot should not be more than 3/4 full or the oil could overflow when the turkey is added.
Recipe sourced from: foodnetwork.com
Come visit Cornerstone Family Restaurant today and enjoy some home style food with a fantastic environment. We’d love to see you! Have a great week.
Cornerstone Family Restaurant
1101 West Center St / Eureka, IL 61530
Monday – Saturday 5:00am-8:00pm | Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm