Fall has arrived and pumpkins are all over the place. We wanted to give you an alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie that’s always delicious. We’re talking about a recipe for those cheesecake lovers out there—the Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake. See the recipe below which is from allrecipes.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
Come visit Cornerstone Family Restaurant today and enjoy fresh, home cooked food with a friendly environment.
Cornerstone Family Restaurant
1101 West Center St / Eureka, IL 61530
Monday – Saturday 5:00am-8:00pm | Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm