We are several weeks into football season and now the chill is in the air. We found a great Nacho Soup recipe over at Delish.com that will combine both football and fall into a bowl of comfort. Make sure to try different types of chips for dipping delights!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can canned corn
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- sour cream, for garnish
- Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender and golden, 6 minutes, then add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne and stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken and stir until combined, then pour over chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook, 15 minutes, then stir in heavy cream and cheese until melty.
- Garnish with sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, and tomatoes and serve.
Recipe by Lindsay Funston
Photo by Ethan Calabrese