We hope that everyone is off to a great New Year! During this time of year, normally the weather is cold and we like to have nice warm meals. Of course we always offer those for you here at Cornerstone Family Restaurant in the Eureka / Washington, IL area but on those days when your staying indoors, here is a wonderful recipe for a Delicious Chicken Pot Pie!
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 pie crusts (either store bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and half and half.
- Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.