It’s that time of year again when the ovens are going and cookies are always on the table. If you’re looking for a new recipe to try or a special one to try while cooking with family and friends, this Creme Brûlée Sugar Cookie recipe will do the trick. Who doesn’t like a good, soft, sugar cookie? Try this twist on traditional sugar to switch things up a bit.
FOR THE COOKIES
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE FROSTING
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two cookie sheets with parchment. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, then add mixture to wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
- Place tablespoon balls of dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake until edges are starting to brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Put sugar into a small bowl. Spread some frosting onto tops of each cookie, then press into granulated sugar, coating frosting with sugar.
- Just before serving, use a kitchen torch to caramelize sugar on top, then set aside to cool. If you don’t have a kitchen torch, heat broiler and broil cookies until sugar caramelizes, 1 to 2 minutes (watch carefully!). Store cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Come visit Cornerstone Family Restaurant today and enjoy some home style food with a fantastic environment. We’d love to see you! Have a great week.
Cornerstone Family Restaurant
1101 West Center St / Eureka, IL 61530
Monday – Saturday 5:00am-8:00pm | Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Recipe from Delish.com