With slow cookers slowly starting to get replaced by the new instant pots, what once took all day now only takes a couple hours. We wanted to share with you an Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe that is done in under two hours vs all day in the slow cooker. The beef cooks up tender in only 90 minutes, and then the veggies are done in just a few minutes more. Then you put it all together on a platter, and your Irish meal is served.
Below is the recipe for everything that you need in order to have an amazing corned beef meal. Leave out the Spice Recipe if you’re using the packet that comes with some corned beef packages.
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 8 Allspice berries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 4 cups water
- 2.5-3 lb. corned beef brisket, including spice packet or DIY spice packet
- 2 lbs petite red potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into large wedges
- Place corned beef brisket, spice packet, garlic and 4 cups of water into the instant pot. I used the rack to keep the brisket off the bottom of the pot.
- Cook on 90 minutes using the meat/stew setting or high pressure for 90 minutes. Once time is up, quick release pressure. Remove corned beef to a platter and cover with foil. Let rest while cooking the vegetables.
- Without discarding liquid, add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to pressure cooker, you may remove the rack if desired.
- Cook at high pressure for 4-5 minutes. Do a quick pressure release before removing vegetables.
Cornerstone Family Restaurant
1101 West Center St / Eureka, IL 61530
Monday – Saturday 5:00am-8:00pm | Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Recipe from FamilyFreshMeals.com