Saint Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and we wanted to share an awesome recipe that you can cook up to get in the spirit!
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 1 cup sauerkraut – rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large pizza pan. On a lightly floured surface, roll the bread dough out into a large circle about 14 inches across. Transfer to the prepared pizza pan. Build up the edges, and prick the center all over with a fork so it doesn’t form a dome when baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Spread half of the salad dressing over the hot crust. Sprinkle with half of the Swiss cheese. Arrange corned beef over the cheese, then drizzle with the remaining salad dressing. Top with sauerkraut and remaining Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Bake for another 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese melts and toppings are heated through. Sprinkle with chopped pickle. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.